Mirror


What do you see when you look at this picture? I think it's stunning and striking and above all bathed in soul. 

“The eyes are the mirror of the soul and reflect everything that seems to be hidden; and like a mirror, they also reflect the person looking into them.” Paulo Coelho. 

For that very reason my guy jokingly called me Stevie Wonder last week at the gym as I keep them firmly shut during the entire work-out and only look up to focus on him. The reason I haplessly fall like a newborn deer at yoga if I catch my own eyes mid-pose. The reason I can't look at my lover's face if we have a fight and why I close my eyes in the most passionate of kisses. 

Thoughts, emotions and feelings swirl and race and vy for top spot. All hidden yet equally exposed. For those who not just look but see. I hide, I focus, I feel, I revel in that which is hidden just behind the mirror. Who I am is not worn on my sleeve, it's written in my eyes. To be looked at and not seen or to be seen and not valued scares me. That happened this week. Deemed cold, rude and unprofessional, a bad person, for not holding a gaze in an awkward situation but for looking down or at the one whose gaze always lifts mine up. 

My eyes will always search for the mirror that reflects not so much the good of a person but the soul behind the eyes. When I look in your eyes, I'm looking for your soul, your thoughts, your emotions. I am looking for you. When you look in my eyes, look for my mine. Look at my soul and I'll look at yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.