Pretty in prints & textures

I mentioned in an earlier post that my style is evolving. Actually now that I think of it turning 30 did end up being a milestone that marks changes in my person which are reflected in my style. A style that is not only edgier and more sculpted but also more fun. Life is just too short, to feel serious, boring and bland, no? While I have rediscovered why ‘black is and will remain the new black’ and retain a love of bold, uninterrupted blocks of color, where my eye has been gravitating to..
is Print, especially in combination with Texture. Not prints as in paisley, plaid or check but prints as in calf hair, leopard and crocodile. Not that these are new, but only now do I appreciate them. One of my favorite shoes will probably remain a pair of black and white calf hair peep toes I bought years ago in the US. They inject a bit of humor into the most straight-laced of work outfits without saying crazy lady (I hope).
A modernized flower print does the trick for my more girly moments. Plus I recently saw thispair of marble-inspired jeans that blew my mind. How frigging fun and unpretentious to look like a slab of marble, kitchen counter or cheeseboard. Here are a few items I would not mind updating my black and bold-colored closet with.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.