Coming up roses

If you asked me five years ago, five months ago and maybe even just two months ago what I think of gold, I would have answered blech, yuck, doubtful. However because of the Alexander Wang Rocco in antique brass I slowly started accepting it. After seeing the version & the Diego bag in rose gold butterflies now start to flutter instead of flip flops rollercoaster-style in my stomach at the mention of gold in accessories.

It may never take the place of silver or white gold in my book, but I am so totally digging rose gold; also known as pink gold. The color is generally obtained by alloying gold with other elements in various proportions. As it was popular in Russia at the beginning of the nineteenth century, it is also known as Russian gold, however, this term is now obsolete.

Enough theoretical lessons, here is some eye candy. Left to right, top to bottom Rocco bag, Diego bag (both by Alexander Wang), Spike stretch bracelet and Eternity skull ring (both via Asos).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.