Work it!

Drum roll please! What else would be appropriate for my last post of the year than a look at my completed office space. Where I occasionally work from home for my paid job. But mostly the space where I get inspired and create. Everything from simple tasks such as repairing broken toys and sewing (kids means forever mending). Those supplies are kept in the pink geometric boxes. To wrapping gifts, which I love doing, and whose supplies are kept in the glass vase and bamboo boxes. But most important is the computer nestled on a felt mat which is not only soft and warm on my RSI wrists but protects the desk from my crafting attempts. I absolutely adore sniffing around online, looking for and admiring all the wonderful creations and subsequently getting inspired and writing about these inspirations.








The space is a mix of things I already had, again being put to use, such as the desk, chair, Componibili, lamp, large glass vase with gift wrapping paper and an inspirational shopping bag for paper recycling. Things that were already in the space such as the Ikea and built-in storage unit which received a sprucing and are no longer packed to the gills. Decorative items from other spots around the house or straight out of storage including all the black and white vases, bamboo boxes, inspirational stones from a trip to Copenhagen, candle holder, textile stamps, purple Muuto dots, depth vase bowl, mug, plate and necklace created by my daughter. 








Things I sourced eons earlier specidically for the space including the geometric boxes, mustard storage caddy, black Hay scissors, voodoo note holder, limited edition print and wooden navelsAnd a few finishing pieces including my kicking ruler, crackie washi tape holder, striped archive map to hold inspirational bits torn from magazines.
 I am thinking of hanging a sign from the dots. Something fierce as the space is such an reflection of me that I feel truly in my element and that makes me feel bitching, bad ass or however you wish to phrase confidence in once self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.