Some more s'more granola







Jet-puffed marshmallows are one of my holiday indulgences. Except after a few I'm sated, so I ended up making s'mores for the kids. That used up about another four.. Needless to say, I still had plenty left. Plus I've gotten pretty bored with my current breakfast cereal so I figured it time to whip up some more granola, except with a s'mores twist..

Granola
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup digestive cookies
100 grams milk chocolate chunks
1 1/2 cup chopped marshmallows
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Melt the maple syrup, coconut oil and brown sugar on low heat. Add to the oats, cinnamon, salt, crushed cookies, 1 cup of the marshmallows and chocolate chunks. Toss to coat. Tip onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for fifteen minutes, mixing halfway.  Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes and break into clusters. Add chocolate chips and remaining marshmallows. Allow to cool fully before storing. Perfect for breakfast or the way I love it.. as a snack, from container to hand to mouth!

P.S. Find the most perfect cereal bowl, the Haphazard Harmony at Droog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.