What’s in my spring beauty bag..

designedlifeblog.blogspot.com spring beauty bag

This post actually started at Christmas when I took a trip to town to visit M.A.C because I was almost out of powder, the horror. Plus I wanted a daytime counterpart for the red lippy that ending up lasting a hot minute and then I went right back to red. But come longer days, spring rays and I go back to wanting a lighter look and I’m now loving it. This is in my spring beauty bag;




designedlifeblog.blogspot.com spring beauty bag

designedlifeblog.blogspot.com spring beauty bag

designedlifeblog.blogspot.com spring beauty bag

designedlifeblog.blogspot.com spring beauty bag

designedlifeblog.blogspot.com spring beauty bag
  • The M.A.C cremesheen glass lipgloss in loud and lovely looks incredibly bright but shows up really soft on me. Any lighter and I'd look grey.
  • I used Rituals Eve’s Kiss silkening lip treatment 24 hours a day for the past couple of years because my lips chafe and crack after an hour and need constant moisture. Plus this stuff is super glossy and apple yummy. However great shine does not fully equate to great moisture and I still crack occasionally and feel dry quickly. In with the more costly but effective almond coconut balm from L:A Bruket. I am loving this stuff.
  • On that trip to M.A.C the make-up artist recommended a powder which is my most used product after lipgloss. Goes on like a dream with great coverage. Applied with a brush it takes over for foundation but I mostly go for the sponge. I use studio fix NW45.
  • I also got a very subtle ‘have you thought about concealer for your dark eye circles?’ Ouch, but it works, I no longer look like a raccoon with a newborn litter. I am a convert for the studio finish concealer in NW50.
  • It took me awhile but when I discovered how much life blush brings to my face, it climbed to the top of ‘if I only have 30 seconds it’s this’ product. Again a MAC girl with the mineralize blush in love thing.
  • My eyeshadow palette holds standard a dark purple, green and blue shade but the one I bought for spring came simply from the make-up aisle of my local drugstore. It’s great though, super light sheen but not glittery and girly. The shade is Here comes the bright! from Catrice absolute eye colour.
  • A wonderful and fun sidestep to purple and I’m back to my trusty black mascara. Lash architect 4D in black lacquer. Look mom, eyelashes.
  • My last hope in hiding my obsessive finger picking habit is doing my nails every week without fail. After 24 hours it typically looks like I did gardening without gloves and then hand-washed all the dishes and pots at a busy restaurant. In came a gel base, top and colour coat in limited edition nude purism taupe-less. Not quite a week of perfection but a heck of a lot longer than 24 hours. The colour is light, is not too sweet and perfect for me as it shows up exactly like I feel about the spring; rosy.
Now let's stop and address how stinking awesome my make-up bag is! Super handy for easily getting my kit to the mirror in the morning as I don't do my make-up anywhere near my make-up drawer (yes, it's a drawer but mostly unused products like eyeliner). It;s from Lulu Guinness for Asos and I love it. Who wouldn't with the smooth satin finish, hot pin interior and fun, glitzy emblem of make-up bag; the lippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.